Title: Operations Insight Analyst
What we do:
We’re the leaders in outsourced calls, live chat and more, delivering brilliant conversations and world-class customer service on behalf of businesses of all sizes and sectors. Our 1000-strong team works across continents from our state-of-the-art UK headquarters in Wrexham, and our US office in Atlanta.
With a passion for all things data – your role is to gather and scrutinise data to generate information that helps in decision making. You will work within the People planning team along with key stakeholders and teams across the business to respond to questions about data, as well as looking for trends, patterns and anomalies within it.
- You will support The Head of Operational Planning with any cost benefit analysis or current performance assessment work.
- Respond to data requests in real-time to support the operation.
- Provide data solutions, tools and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for operational consumers.
- Provide expertise and translate the business needs to design; and develop tools, techniques, and metrics, inc. dashboards for insights and data visualisation.
- Undertake trend Analysis that ensures strategic plans incorporate current business performance and trends
- Ensure consistent business definitions throughout work output.
- Regularly liaise with the Data Insight & Engineering team to ensure consistency across the business.
- Work with operational stakeholders to understand and prioritise requirements, therefore maintaining your own work backlog.
- Create and deliver thorough handovers and supporting documents to the business when releasing new work.
- Ensure thorough scoping of all new reports to develop your own high-level requirements.
- Showcase new ideas, features, timelines and roadmaps to stakeholders.
- Analytical thinker – You’ll be required to work on huge amounts of data to identify solutions to problems. That’s where you need to use your analytical skills to parse through the information that’s meaningful and filter out the data you don’t need.
- Good data visualisation skills – Being able to tell a compelling story with data is crucial to getting your point across and keeping your stakeholders engaged. Data visualisation can have a make-or-break effect when it comes to the impact of your data. Analysts use eye-catching, high-quality charts and graphs to present their findings clearly and concisely.
- A confident communicator. Once you have developed plans to improve efficiency, you’ll need to be able to collaborate with stakeholders to implement your solutions. This will involve explaining complex and detailed data feedback in an easy to understand and practical format.
- Problem solving skills. Operations analysts need to develop strategies that work best for the stakeholders they are working with. If it appears a strategy isn’t working as expected, – you need to be flexible and creative to adapt your models for a better outcome.
- Your heart should be in data, you will want to get into a problem and use your skills to find answers and draw actionable insights, championing data to the wider business•You thrive under pressure and can prioritise your workload depending on deadlines and importance.
- You will have worked in a similar environment previously, who has good knowledge of resource planning. Knowledge of WFM, PowerBi (or Tableau) and SQL would be an advantage.
- Permanent contract, working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
- Flexibility to work from our spacious, state-of-the-art offices
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Mental health support (Employee Assistance Program) with access to an onsite mental health counsellor
- Access to our brand-new wellbeing room to help enhance your physical and mental wellbeing
- Access to a 24/7 Doctor line
- Comprehensive training and where desired, long-term career progression across the business
- Free breakfast & subsidised meals
- Free onsite gym access
- And did we mention our epic parties? We know how to celebrate in style!